Job DescriptionFugro is the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. Fugro leverages its global multi-disciplinary teams to provide clients with all aspects required to characterise their sites and achieve optimised foundation design and asset life extension. Our engineers develop new industry-leading methods using our advanced understanding of geotechnical in-situ and laboratory testing and using our close relationships with numerous academic institutions. Working around the globe, Fugro employs approximately 9,000 employees in around 59 countries.Fugro in Belgium offer specialized consultancy and engineering services in both land and marine environments. We are currently seeking a bright, highly skilled and motivated Senior Geotechnical Consultant. The successful candidate will join our marine geo-consulting division and will be involved in a variety of projects in the oil and gas and offshore renewable energy sectors.
The key roles and responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Perform geotechnical analysis and data interpretation, provide geotechnical advice for site characterisation and/or for the geotechnical design of a variety of offshore assets (subsea pipelines, cables, offshore platforms, jack-up rigs, subsea wells, offshore wind turbines, subsea structures, etc).
- Prepare and oversee reports for multiple projects and clients under the guidance and supervision of subject matter experts.
- Ensure the commitments to clients are met in terms of budget, schedule, and quality, and maintain close relationships with the clients during the project and beyond.
- Assist Proposal Managers with the preparation of proposals in line with Client's expectations.
- Assist Business Development Manager with the promotion of Fugro's engineering capabilities and development initiatives (e.g. development of marketing materials, writing papers, attending and/or speaking at selected conferences, visiting clients, etc).
- Assist with management of the Geotechnical Consultancy team.
- Provide support and guidance to a small team of geotechnical consultants, laboratories, and data acquisition teams.
- Promote and maintain technical and professional recognition in the field, gaining reputation as a recognised subject matter expert.
- Regularly attend industry meetings/conferences to ensure continued professional development and effective Client exposure.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
Applicants will have demonstrable excellent technical, organizational and communication skills, with a desire to continually learn and develop. The key requirements are:
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in offshore geotechnical engineering.
- Excellent technical skills in relation to the geotechnical design of offshore assets.
- The ability to understand, interpret and critique results from standard and advanced laboratory testing, and be able to derive appropriate design soil parameters.
- Demonstrable mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving challenging engineering problems.
- Competence in numerical simulations and specialist geotechnical engineering software such as PLAXIS 2D/3D.
- Looking forward to developing your skills with the objective to become a recognised expert in your own field.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, knowledge of any other language would be an asset.
- Experience in and confident in client liaison and client management.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- An open and respectful attitude towards others and ability to communicate across different audiences.
- Willing to travel abroad for short term assignments.
- MSc or PhD in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
What we’ll offer you
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally.
- Competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including pension scheme, health insurance, etc.
- Flexible working hours and the potential to work 2 days a week from home in accordance with your manager and corporate policies.
- We aim to create a family like working environment and enjoy working together.
- We are a multicultural team that cultivates entrepreneurial attitude and desire to continuously learn and keep improving.
- We believe in delivering results rather than hours and strive for family-friendly employment practices.
- Premium working environment in our new office in Louvain-la-Neuve next to one of the largest geotechnical laboratory in Europe.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated**.**