If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Geologist / Hydrogeologist in in our environmental practice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, you will have the opportunity to apply your geologic skills to projects involving contaminated site assessment and remediation; construction management; environmental compliance; and forensic investigations and litigation support, while developing the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. The ideal entry level professional (candidate) will be a recent graduate in geology, hydrogeology, or chemistry and/or enrolled in a Master’s program, internship experience preferred.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Field work, site investigation and characterization, including sediment, soil, surface water, and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight;
- Providing contamination assessment services, such as designing and implementing sampling plans, bench scale testing, and pilot test programs;
- Data analysis/visualization of site investigation data including the preparation of tables, maps, and figures using both industry-standard and cutting-edge applications;
- Monitoring and oversight of site investigation/remediation and environmental construction projects;
- Supporting fate and transport modeling, natural attenuation evaluations and risk assessment;
- Conducting remedy evaluation, cost estimating, and supporting remedial implementation;
- Preparation of written documents such as workplans and investigative reports; and
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires 40-hour OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 80%
- Overnight travel: Up to 50%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrogeology or geochemistry. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology, hydrogeology or geochemistry. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior research experience in contaminated media or remediation technology. (preferred)
- Internship(s), co-op position, or prior work experience relevant to the position, such as contaminated media or remediation technology (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong interest in contaminant remediation and quantitative hydrogeology. (required)
- Experience with visualization tools (AutoCAD ArcGIS) and/or groundwater flow and geochemical modeling (Modflow, MT3D, geochemical equilibrium models). (preferred)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.