Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is seeking an exceptional Senior Project Manager to join our growing Environmental Permitting & Planning team in the Northeast U.S (Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey or Ohio office). You will interact with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals throughout the U.S. and will provide leadership and client development specifically in environmental permitting & planning, construction management and environmental regulatory compliance for clients primarily within the Energy Sector.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Founded in 1983, we are employee-owned and have more than 1,300 professionals across our 80+ offices. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESCollaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. Consistent with our sell-manage-do business model, you will be expected to play a leadership role in helping build the future of our Energy practice through lead generation, business development, project management, staff management and development, and mentoring. We expect that you’d work on a variety of challenging technical projects and leverage your existing knowledge to help Geosyntec expand its energy infrastructure capabilities. Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing, siting, permitting, planning, licensing, compliance and environmental oversight of linear energy infrastructure (and related fixed assets) projects;
- Managing multiple projects within the scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring quality standards on project deliverables;
- Managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management;
- Effectively stewarding and building client relationships to repeat business;
- Developing business opportunities with new and existing clients and preparing associated proposals;
- This position requires first aid, CPR training and medical monitoring, all paid for by Geosyntec; and
- Fieldwork and overnight travel will also be necessary.
The selected candidate will need to demonstrate and provide superior technical, managerial, and business development expertise in the environmental compliance marketplace, with the associated responsibility for meeting profitability, quality management, and safety goals.Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, biology or other applicable related degree. [required]
- Advanced degree the same. (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E. P.G.) (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years of experience in the energy infrastructure related to the siting, permitting, and licensing field in the United States, preferably in the Northeastern U.S. (required)Experience in managing permitting, planning, compliance and environmental oversight of linear energy infrastructure (and related fixed assets) projects. (required)Experience managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management. (required)Experience with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) certification process, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and state-specific local permitting requirements in the Northeast (including PA, OH, WV, NY, NJ, MD, VA). (required)
- Experience in conducting environmental site assessments for compliance with NEPA. (required)
- Significant experience with FERC environmental regulations including capital project development for natural gas pipelines under Section 7c. (required)
- Experience with Federal permitting programs such as the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) 404 wetland permitting, the US Fish & Wildlife Service or the US National Marine Fisheries Sections 7 and 10 consultations, and the National Historic Preservation Act for Section 106 consultations. (required)
- Certifications or additional training or experience in erosion and sediment control inspection and wetlands delineation (preferred).
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel. (required)Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.