Do you want to help engineer what’s next?Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is a national engineering firm committed to delivering holistic advice for our clients’ most complex challenges. We leverage our collective and diverse experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge of structures and building enclosures, advanced analysis, code consulting, and applied science & research to deliver unrivaled, comprehensive solutions that drive superior performance. With more than 600 employees in eleven office locations throughout the United States, SGH’s industry-leading teams constantly seek to advance the meaning of what’s possible.We want someone passionate about structural engineering and problem solving.Our Denver, CO Structures Division is currently looking to hire December 2023 and upcoming Spring 2024 graduates with an undergraduate or master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering in our Denver, CO office.What Associate Project Consultants Do at SGH: The Structures Division provides structural engineering services with emphasis on new design, repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, and investigation and performance evaluation of structures. As an entry-level hire, you will assist with new design, evaluation, investigation, and design of repairs for existing buildings. Essential duties include performing a wide range of structural engineering analysis and design tasks in steel, concrete, masonry, and wood structures, assisting senior staff in on-site investigations to document existing conditions and determine failure sources; aiding senior staff during project construction, and assisting with the preparation of drawings and specifications. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.What You'll Need:
- BS or MS in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- FE/EIT certification (preferred).
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with computer analysis software (preferred) (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, SAFE, etc.)
- Enthusiasm and passion for structural engineering and analytical methods
- The ability to maintain high levels of activity and productivity
- The ability to clearly convey information to internal and external clients
- The capability to solve minor or complex problems using data, logic, judgement, and mathematical methods
What makes careers at SGH so special?Career advancement comes from a drive to question and explore. Every member of the SGH team is both a learner and an educator, committed to advancing ourselves, our teams, and our industry. Together, we are creating a community that never settles for what is, but always seeks what could be.There are many reasons to love SGH.
- Our Work: Our clients trust us to deliver outstanding solutions for their most complex challenges.
- Our People: We are bold thinkers and compassionate teammates, committed to lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Our Commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back to our professions and communities.
- Our Contribution: We offer a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
- Anticipated annual base salary: $67,000 - $85,000. This range is a good-faith estimate provided pursuant to the Colorado Pay Transparency Law.
- This position is eligible for SGH’s discretionary annual performance bonus program.
The actual salary offered may vary from the range, as permitted by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Law, and will be based on several factors including the candidate’s experience and qualifications, education, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base salary is a part of SGH’s industry-leading Total Compensation package. Our Total Compensation package includes base salary, pay for extra hours worked, an annual discretionary bonus program, generous paid time off, and competitive health and wellness benefits with a special emphasis on substantial SGH contributions to medical insurance premiums and SGH’s Profit Sharing & 401(k) Plan. SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email [email protected]