We're Hiring!Do you like working on dynamic projects all over the world? Are you interested in applying your skills, talents, and education to work at a company that has a strong history and is well known in the industry? Do you want to be part of a team that will inspire you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? If you said yes to these questions, then read on to learn more about Knight Piésold and the opportunities we have open.Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with 100 years of industry experience that specializes in Mining, Environmental, Hydropower and Water Resources.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:Knight Piésold is seeking a technically oriented professional civil/structural engineer with experience in the design and construction of large industrial hydraulic structures including:
- Hydropower Facilities (powerhouse, intakes, headworks, penstocks, tailrace, superstructures)
- Storage Facilities (Dams, Spillways, tanks, outlet works)
- Conveyance Facilities (pump stations, canals, pipeline supports and thrust blocks)
The candidate should be detail oriented with experience in investigations, inspections, analyses, and design of projects from concept level through to construction. The candidate will work with the project team adapting structural plans to meet applicable codes /standards, design and construction criteria, and the overall project objectives. This role will include leading design teams, mentoring junior engineers and supporting business development efforts and initiatives.The candidate will be part of a growing and multi-disciplined team that supports all aspects of design through the project life cycle. At Knight Piésold you will have the opportunity to grow your career and develop your skills through training and on-the-job experience working on multiple interesting and diverse projects in the USA and around the world.Responsibilities:
- Lead, direct and certify the design(s) for assigned structures
- Lead and develop teams both on projects and within technical disciplines
- Present and lead structural related discussions with clients, review boards, 3rd parties and regulatory authorities
- Prepare and review project calculations, specifications, and drawings to meet code & quality requirements
- Develop and/or approve design criteria and prepare the initial layouts for facilities
- Perform stress analyses, including thermal expansion
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders including other engineering disciplines, EPC’s, subcontractors, reviewers, and clients to address structural-related risks, issues and/or opportunities
- Provide input and support project planning, estimating, and scheduling
- Participate in business development activities, represent Knight Piésold and prepare proposals
- Manage, mentor and provide direction to junior engineers & technicians
- Lead quality checks for engineering deliverables
An Ideal Candidate:Required
- Collaborative team player
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- Professional Engineering (PE or SE) registration
- 10 to 15-years relevant experience
- Fluent English
- Strong knowledge of best practice and industry accepted codes and standards
- Proficient in standard engineering techniques and procedures using industry leading software such as SAP2000 or equivalent
- Experience in the power industry or industrial markets is preferred.
- Fluent or spoken Spanish
- Project management experience
- Licensed Structural Engineer (SE) in California or eligible to get professional California certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Work Environment: Work will be in both an office and field environment with domestic and international travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory. Compensation:In accordance with Colorado state law, the following annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $85,000 – $115,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including experience, education, and skill level.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.--Knight Piésold provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.EEO PolicyApplicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] or please call us at 1-303-629-8788 between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm MST, Monday-Friday.