Do you want to help engineer what’s next?Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is a national engineering firm committed to delivering holistic advice for our clients’ most complex challenges. We leverage our collective and diverse experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge of structures and building enclosures, advanced analysis, code consulting, and applied science & research to deliver unrivaled, comprehensive solutions that drive superior performance. With more than 600 employees in eight office locations throughout the United States, SGH’s industry-leading teams constantly seek to advance the meaning of what’s possible.We want someone passionate about structural engineering and problem solving.Our Denver, CO Structures Division provides structural engineering services with an emphasis on new design, repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, and investigation and performance evaluation.You Will Be:
- Working on a wide range of structural engineering projects that require analysis and design involving steel, concrete, masonry and wood.
- Implementing design or analysis tasks using a variety of building codes.
- Assisting in the preparation of drawings and specifications.
- Assisting with construction-administration for projects in construction.
- Planning and conducting site investigations to document existing conditions.
- Helping mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
- Interacting with the client within context of project work.
- Pursuing professional activities to gain professional recognition.
- Collaborating with colleagues to co-publish articles/papers.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of professional experience in analysis and structural design of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood frame structures. Proficiency with material structural behavior and performance.
- MS in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university (preferred).
- Professional Engineering License (preferred) or ability to obtain within one-year of employment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, etc.)
- Ability to work in and review work in AutoCAD or Revit. Experience with Rhino, Sketchup, Solidworks, or similar programs are desireable.
- Proficiency in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software
- Ability to travel to remote job sites not accessible by public transportation, and if applicable, have a driving history that will result in an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
What makes careers at SGH so special?Career advancement comes from a drive to question and explore. Every member of the SGH team is both a learner and an educator, committed to advancing ourselves, our teams, and our industry. Together, we are creating a community that never settles for what is, but always seeks what could be.There are many reasons to love SGH.
- Our Work: Our clients trust us to deliver outstanding solutions for their most complex challenges.
- Our People: We are bold thinkers and compassionate teammates, committed to lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Our Commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back to our professions and communities.
- Our Contribution: We offer a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
Anticipated annual base salary: $83,000 - $125,000. This range is a good-faith estimate provided pursuant to the Colorado Pay Transparency Law. The actual salary offered may vary from the range, as permitted by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Law, and will be based on several factors including the candidate’s experience and qualifications, education, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base salary is a part of SGH’s industry-leading Total Compensation package. Our Total Compensation package includes base salary, pay for extra hours worked, an annual bonus program, generous paid time off, and health and wellness benefits with a special emphasis on substantial SGH contributions to medical insurance premiums and SGH’s Profit Sharing & 401(k) Plan. SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email [email protected]