Join our team! Our mission is BUILDING COMMUNITIES. IMPROVING LIVES. With a history spanning over 110 years, HR Green has consistently delivered on this mission, establishing ourselves as a trusted partner for our colleagues, clients, and communities alike. Each day, we work to find solutions that inspire our employees and fit our clients' needs to build trust to exceed their expectations. As a leading player in the industry, we’re proud to be ranked No. 168 on Engineering News Record’s Top 500 Design Firms list in 2023. Our unwavering dedication to cultivating an exceptional workplace environment has earned us the distinguished honor of being recognized as a Best Place to Work.SummaryWe are seeking a skilled and motivated Traffic Engineer to join our team. As a Traffic Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in optimizing traffic flow and enhancing safety. Key responsibilities include signal design, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) design, and conducting Traffic Engineering Studies. The role may also involve roadway intersection design and roadway design, reflecting the diverse range of tasks associated with traffic engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement traffic signal and interconnect systems to enhance traffic flow.
- Develop comprehensive traffic signing and pavement marking plans.
- Create and maintain effective Maintenance of Traffic strategies.
- Ensure traffic signal systems comply with ADA requirements.
- Coordinate with roadway lighting systems to optimize overall transportation infrastructure.
- Conduct Traffic Impact Studies to assess the impact of proposed developments.
- Prepare Interchange/Access Justification Reports to justify new access points or interchanges.
- Perform Roadway Safety Audits to identify and address potential safety concerns.
- Evaluate and propose solutions for Ramp Management through Feasibility Studies.
- Develop comprehensive Event Traffic Management Plans for large-scale events.
- Optimize Traffic Signal Timing for efficient traffic flow.
- Utilize 2D and 3D Traffic Simulation for in-depth traffic analysis.
- Design circulation plans for Industrial Sites to enhance traffic efficiency.
- Enhance pedestrian connectivity through Sidewalk/Trail Connectivity studies.
- Develop plans for Safe Routes to School and School Site Circulation.
- Conduct Intersection Safety Studies to identify and mitigate safety risks.
- Implement effective Access Management strategies.
- Perform Ball-Bank Indicator Studies to assess roadway curves.
- Evaluate Traffic Signal Warrants and recommend appropriate signal installations.
- Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state and local established criteria.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, assigns and manages tasks and schedules to Staff Engineer (I/II) and non-exempt project team members.
- May participate in preparation of engineering services proposals, including the calculation/estimation of time schedules and costs of the proposed work.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in traffic engineering projects for Missouri municipalities.
- Experience in completing traffic engineering projects with MoDOT and IDOT.
- Expertise in the application of MoDOT's Engineering Policy Guide (EPG). Familiarity with local design criteria, standards, and specifications is a plus.
- Experience with. Synchro, VISSIM, Sidra, or other traffic analysis tools is highly encouraged. Familiarity with the design of traffic signal systems and pedestrian and bicycle accommodations is a plus.
- Experience with MicroStation and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Motivation to be involved in business and professional development activities such as professional societies, networking events, and external committees.
- Motivation to learn management skills such as development of scope, schedule, and budget and implementation of quality assurance and quality control procedures.
BenefitsNot only does HR Green provide you with a place to grow, thrive, and enjoy your work, but we are also dedicated to delivering a comprehensive and multi-faceted benefits package. Visit our website for detailed total rewards information.https://www.hrgreen.com/careers/benefits/ HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.