WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORAt HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Systems Engineer III to join our growing transit and rail practice. This individual will provide technical support in the design and delivery of client projects involving CCTV surveillance, access control, dynamic messaging, public announcement, fire and intrusion alarm system, telephone, control centers, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system, wireless communications, and network infrastructure including Fiber Optics and copper cabling and associated hardware and software. This Engineer III will be responsible for assisting in the production and modification of design calculations, technical reports, engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects. Works closely with interdisciplinary teams to coordinate project needs by leveraging technical knowledge and experience. Applies engineering techniques, procedures and design criteria for projects ranging in size and complexity. As a member of the team, you will contribute to the successful project delivery for a diverse range of projects for HNTB's clients.What You'll Do:
- Completes assigned work within the schedule and number of hours provided.
- Assist in the development of project specifications.
- Responsible for development of discipline specific engineering project elements/deliverables such as reports, designs, and plans.
- Aids in the coordination and productivity of project team members.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineering project team members.
- Works closely with other disciplines and on multi-discipline projects.
- Performs quality control reviews of discipline - specific engineering project elements/deliverables.
- Assists with coordination and planning of schedules, hours, and distribution of work within discipline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 4 years of relevant experience, or
- Master’s degree in Engineering and 3 year of relevant experience, or
- PhD in Engineering and 2 years of relevant experience
What You'll Bring:
- Assist in the creation and development of communications system designs for assigned projects
- Design CCTV, access control, SCADA, dynamic messaging, public announcement, fire and intrusion alarm systems, telephone, operational technology networking, Ethernet and wireless networking and fiber optic systems
- Perform field surveys and coordinate with client representatives to complete design engineering for communications systems
- Establish strong client relationships
- Generate technical study reports and prepare exhibits to convey information to team members and clients.
- Attend project review and progress meetings wit clients
- Review shop drawings and submittals to ensure contractors' compliance with drawings, specifications, and contract requirements
What We Prefer:
- Proven experience in one or more low voltage communications systems - CCTV, access control, dynamic messaging, public announcement, SCADA, fare collection, fire and intrusion alarm, telephone, and networking
- Experience with Transit/Rail Communications Systems
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification with desire to seek PE certification
- Knowledgeable in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONClick here for benefits information: HNTB Total RewardsClick here to learn more about EOE including disability and vetVisa sponsorship is not available for this position.#SR #TransitAndRail #LI-SR1Locations:Kansas City, MO, St. Louis, MO