As a Staff Civil Engineer in our pipelines discipline, you will have an opportunity for short-term and long-term career advancement. GeoEngineers focuses on training and developing our future principal engineers and leaders in-house. You can expect to spend a significant portion of your time in the field, allowing you to develop a broad understanding of site conditions and construction practices. As you gain experience, you will have an opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in the field to engineering and design of trenchless pipeline projects. This position will require approximately 50% regional and national travel.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute geotechnical subsurface exploration programs to develop an understanding of site soil conditions.
- Perform site reconnaissance to document existing conditions.
- Observe and document trenchless construction activities and compliance with specifications.
- Communicate effectively with GeoEngineers staff, clients, and contractors.
- Perform trenchless design calculations and analysis such as pipe stress and installation force analyses using in-house software.
- Assist GeoEngineers CAD designers with the development of design plans.
- Assist with writing technical reports and proposals.
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering required; Masters with geotechnical emphasis preferred.
- 1-year related experience preferred.
- Competency using software including Microsoft word and excel.
- Ability to utilize AutoCAD software preferred.
- Proven problem solving and professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Desire and willingness to travel 50% of the time.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- All employees are subject to completing a background check, reference check, and pre-employment physicals and drug/alcohol testing.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities and do heavy work including exerting up to 50 pounds of force on occasion.
- Able to perform consistent work on a PC.
- Ability to travel for short-term and long-term assignments as needed.
- All employees are responsible for conducting their work in a safe manner. This includes identifying potential safety hazards and reporting them to the designated project manager in a timely manner and participating in project safety briefings. This also includes wearing appropriate safety equipment when working in the field and completing all required health & safety training prior to beginning fieldwork.
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in our Springfield, MO office is $66,670- $85,790. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineersWhen people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.