If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic and innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry-recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist with at least 8 years of experience to join our environmental practice in St Louis, Jefferson City, or Farmington MO you will have the opportunity to apply your geologic skills to projects involving contaminated site assessment and remediation; construction management; environmental compliance; and forensic investigations and litigation support while developing the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. Staff training and mentoring will also be part of your responsibilities.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan;
- Mentoring and training junior staff in the field and office;
- Management of fieldwork, site investigation, and characterization, including sediment, soil, surface water, air monitoring, groundwater sampling, drilling, and contractor oversight;
- Aquifer testing and hydrogeologic data analyses;
- Data analysis/visualization of site investigation data including the preparation of tables, maps, and figures using both industry-standard and cutting-edge applications;
- Monitoring and oversight of site remediation and environmental construction projects;
- Supporting fate and transport modeling, natural attenuation evaluations, and risk assessment;
- Preparation of written documents such as proposals, work plans, cost estimates, and investigative reports; and
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities such as presentations and conference attendance.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires 40-hour OSHA health and safety, first aid, CPR training, and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 10%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrogeology, or geochemistry. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology, hydrogeology, or geochemistry. (preferred)
- Professional Licensure (P.G.) (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 (10+ years preferred) years of applied consulting experience in planning and performing field investigations and studies (drilling, logging, well installation, soil, groundwater sampling, etc.); or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Applied experience with post-investigation data compilation and evaluation and report preparation. (required)
- Demonstrated strong interest in contaminant remediation and quantitative hydrogeology. (required)
- Experience with the use of high-resolution investigation methods (laser-induced fluorescence (LIF), membrane interface probes (MIP), and hydraulic profiling tools (HPT)). (preferred).
- Experience with visualization tools (AutoCAD ArcGIS) and/or groundwater flow and geochemical modeling (Modflow, MT3D, geochemical equilibrium models). (preferred)
- Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Access, and/or EVS. (preferred)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus a passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.The Geosyntec family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The EEOC Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency policies are available here:Geosyntec is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (561) 995-0900 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.