GZA GeoEnvironmental (GZA) is an employee-owned multidisciplinary geotechnical, geo-civil, and environmental engineering, firm. GZA employs approximately 700 engineers, scientists and technical support staff in over 30 offices across the United States. We provide a range of interrelated services focused on geotechnical engineering and the earth sciences, environmental assessment and remediation, and water resources/management.Our Metro-Boston office located in Norwood Massachusetts is seeking a Geotechnical Assistant Project Manager to join our team and help us deliver superior results on geotechnical aspects of transportation, building, and energy infrastructure engineering, projects. Under the supervision of more experienced project managers or principals, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities may include:
- Performing geotechnical analyses and design of foundations and underground structures;
- Preparing geotechnical reports, design plans, and technical specifications;
- Planning, coordinating, and overseeing geotechnical field tasks such as subsurface exploration programs, foundation subgrade assessments, and observations and testing of earthwork and below-grade construction;
- Preparation of proposals, scopes of work, budgets, and schedules for geotechnical projects and tasks;
- Acting as project manager for projects and geotechnical tasks, as needed;
- Interactions and clear communications with clients, contractors, and field staff; and
- Assisting with the mentoring and training of less experienced staff.
GZA emphasizes a One Company environment and, as a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to assist on projects and tasks outside of your primary responsibilities, which could include work on out-of-state projects. Special Skills/Requirements
- BS degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering (MS degree preferred) and at least 5 years of geotechnical or civil engineering construction required.
- Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineering license.
- Knowledge of design and analysis of deep and shallow foundations, earth retaining structures, and slope stability analyses. Knowledge of LRFD and ASD design methodologies is preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills including MS Office, as well as geotechnical analysis software such as APILE, LPILE, GROUP, GeoStudio (Slope/w and Seep/w). Experience with AutoCAD, GRLWEAP, CAPWAP, and finite element modeling software such as PLAXIS is a plus.
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience performing a broad range of civil/geotechnical field and construction observation tasks.
- Ability to perform and manage concurrent field and office activities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in the New England region and/or a cold weather climate is preferred.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.