GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager with 6 plus years of experience to join our Metro Boston Geotechnical team and be part of our vibrant practice on transportation, building, energy and other infrastructure projects. Successful candidates will represent the Company with the client through proposal, contract, and project performance phases and be responsible for the day-to-day execution of technical and financial aspects of projects.
What you will be getting:
- Collaboration with a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects.
- Professional development and enrichment.
- Exciting work environment.
- Opportunities for company ownership, financial growth & career advancement.
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plan.
What you will be doing:
- Managing project teams, delegating to office and field staff and executing day to day activities of projects.
- Monitoring project performance for compliance with contractual requirements and budgets.
- Overseeing and execution of technical design deliverables in accordance with applicable QA/QC guidelines.
- Preparing proposals and reviewing/writing geotechnical deliverables with Principal guidance and review.
- Participating in staff training and staff reviews.
What you will be bringing:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required; Master’s degree with Geotechnical Engineering specialization preferred.
- Experience with design of deep and shallow foundations for buildings, bridges, retaining walls and other structures.
- Proficiency in the execution and successful management of multiple office and field tasks.
- Demonstrated delegation, leadership, and team building skills.
- Established computer skills using MS Office and geotechnical engineering software (experience with programs such as SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, L-pile and Plaxis is preferred).
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.