GZA is now accepting resumes for Summer 2024 Co-op’s and Interns
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is looking for a motivated Geotechnical Engineering Co-op student or Intern to join our technical practice in Norwood, MA. As an Entry-Level Engineer Co-op/Intern, you will work on a wide variety of exciting projects amongst a team of dedicated project managers and principals. Our close-knit culture here at GZA will allow you to apply your expertise and diversify your skill set by participating in challenging projects. You will be provided safety and quality training and mentored by seasoned professional engineers, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment. Our Co-ops and Interns are paid competitive rates.
- Perform field tasks and assist with the technical execution of projects.
- Perform oversight of test borings and other subsurface explorations.
- Conduct construction oversight of earthwork and foundations on various projects.
- Collect and identify soil, rock, and groundwater samples, perform field index testing, prepare field reports, exploration logs, and figures.
- Assist with geotechnical analyses and reports.
- Perform additional tasks across all GZA disciplines including environmental, construction services, ecology, and water resources.
- Perform additional engineering-related duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or related field .
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a professional attitude.
- Ability to perform field tasks and activities in accordance with GZA safety and quality standards.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Has a reliable means of transportation to/from project sites.
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years of providing innovative engineering solutions to improve the natural and built environment. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.