GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is seeking a Structural/GeoStructural Engineers to join our growing team working on the technical execution of transportation, building, energy and other infrastructure projects. This position would be based out of our Norwood, MA office. A strong academic record, civil engineering skills, analytical and communications skills, some knowledge of demolition engineering, and a willingness to travel locally and regionally are essential for this position.
As a Structural/GeoStructural, you will work on a wide variety of exciting projects amongst a team of dedicated project managers and principals. Our close-knit culture here at GZA will allow you to apply your expertise and diversify your skill set by participating in challenging projects. You will be mentored by seasoned registered Professional Engineers, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment.
What you will be doing:
- Perform technical aspects of projects under the supervision of project managers or principals.
- Work with project teams on GeoStructural engineering projects that involve design, field work, data collection and evaluation, and GeoStructural engineering analysis for transportation, building, waterfront, energy, and other infrastructure projects.
- Work with the design team for design and detailing of temporary support of excavations, temporary support of existing and new structures, heavy construction equipment, live vehicle traffic, permanent structures, shielding, erection and demolition engineering, and various kinds of GeoStructural Engineering. Perform detailed geotechnical and structural analysis and design using both geotechnical and structural software and spreadsheet software.
- Write drafts of field and engineering reports. Prepare design packages that include full set of supporting calculations and construction drawings.
- Operation and oversight of structural and geotechnical engineering systems, including data collection and system maintenance and repairs.
- GZA emphasizes a One Company environment, and as a member of our team, you may be asked to assist on projects and tasks outside of your primary responsibilities.
What you will be bringing:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required. (Master’s Degree is a plus).
- Entry level candidates are welcome to apply. 2+ years of relevant experience preferred.
- Fluent in one or more Autodesk CADD programs. REVIT and MathCAD is a plus.
- Structural/ Geotechnical Engineering Software and spreadsheet experience is preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a professional attitude.
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform field tasks and activities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel at local and regional levels.
- 10-hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health Certificate is a plus.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training is a plus.
What you will be getting:
- Mentorship from experts in the industry
- Professional development and enrichment opportunities
- Focus on continued education and learning (including tuition reimbursement)
- Exciting work environment
- Opportunity for company ownership
- Generous company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K retirement plan
GZA is a multi-disciplinary, employee-owned consulting firm providing geotechnical, environmental, ecological, water, and construction management services. GZA’s more than 700 professionals are based in offices in New England, the Mid-Atlantic, and the Great Lakes States. With over 50 years of providing innovative engineering solutions to improve the natural and built environment, our relationships with our employees, clients, and vendors are based on honesty and professionalism, first and foremost. Please visit www.gza.com to learn more!
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.