We are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer with +5 years of experience for our Mexico City office.You will be working in Knight Piesold’s office in Polanco, Mexico City with a great team of local and expatriate engineers. The position involves frequent interaction with other offices throughout the world. Work will be in both an office and field environment with domestic and international travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. About Knight PiésoldKnight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower, and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well-established global consulting firm with nearly 100 years of industry experience.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, a career mentoring program, and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and see the world while you learn, with projects around the world to take you on a career-enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:The successful job applicant will be part of a dynamic geotechnical engineering team and will direct and review the integration of technical activities and products related to geotechnical work, including planning and participating in geotechnical site investigation/laboratory testing programs and results interpretation, geotechnical analysis, detail design, technical support during construction, reporting, and communications. Projects may include water dams, tailing dams, heap leach pads, mine waste rock dumps, heavily loaded structural foundations, and other earthworks, mining, and renewable energy facilities.Responsibilities:
- Understand and be able to work effectively in the field of geotechnical engineering.
- Direct field work programs associated with geotechnical site investigations.
- Interpret in-situ data from geotechnical site investigations and analyze data from laboratory testing to determine type, classification, and geotechnical engineering characteristics of soils.
- Utilize the above information or information provided by others, perform geotechnical analysis and designs of, or make recommendations for, project components including excavations, dams, foundations, fluid or mine waste impoundments, spillways, pipeline or penstock anchorages.
- Develop or lead the development of clear and concise letters or reports to present the complete work to clients or others.
- Provide technical review of study reports, drawings and technical specifications.
- Review project information including source criteria, scope of work, procedures and requirements, diagrams and drawings, specifications and other client-produced documents, to determine the approach and work to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented. This requires working with a single engineering or scientific discipline or multiple disciplines.
- Mentor and develop less experienced staff in completing work tasks that meet both client and internal quality/efficiency expectations. Lead and demonstrate through responsible project management leadership. Emphasize teamwork and look for continuous improvement in all individual task and project work.
- Become the client liaison in all matters related to the project or the undertaking. Develop working relationships with the client representatives and staff.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Civil /Geotechnical engineering with academic specialization and/or experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
- +5 years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience. Experience in the mining industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office required. Knowledge of Civil 3D is an asset.
- Experience in slope stability programs (e.g., GeoStudio and/or RocScience) preferred.
- Familiarity with Plaxis, FLAC, Rift and other latest geotechnical design software preferred.