Job DescriptionFugro Offshore Wind Service line unlocks insights from Geo-data to help you plan, design, build, operate and maintain your offshore wind farm in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner. Our successful track record, combined with local presence and global knowledge, enables us to support offshore wind farm projects anywhere in the world.The Staff Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for completing routine geotechnical engineering analyses assignments by applying standard methods furnished by the project supervisor. Performs routine geotechnical field investigations under supervision. Individually prepare or check field and laboratory results for engineering assessment. Develops laboratory-testing programs for routine foundation design projects. Develops technical skills and knowledge of Company’s procedures, equipment, and services.Job Responsibilities
- Lead by example and place Quality, Health & Safety, Security, and the protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers, or the communities in which we live and work at risk.
- Be familiar with company’s field and laboratory procedures. Coordinate field and laboratory operations that are approved by project supervisor. As required, perform as field or laboratory professional when project size, exposure or unique testing requirements demand an experience level of Staff Geotechnical Engineer or higher.
- Supervise routine field and laboratory operations of company and subcontractors.
- Individually prepare field and laboratory results for engineering assessment or check and correct results prepared by others.
- Prepare instructions for field and laboratory testing programs and manage their execution.
- Perform preliminary soil design parameter selection.
- Individually perform routine engineering analyses such as slope stability, pile capacity, and settlement calculations and check calculations of other professionals as assigned.
- Perform less routine engineering analyses under close supervision.
- Prepare drafts of project report text and illustrations, which will require coordination of support services such as drafting and printing.
- Completing administrative paperwork by due date, assisting higher-level professionals as needed, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Inter-company contacts with limited client exposure.
- Adheres to quality management system and complies with HSE requirements.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
- Possess the ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with a discipline in Geotechnical Engineering.
- 40% offshore time required.
- Have 1 year of work experience is preferred.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite; appropriate skill level on computer software applications pertinent to areas of specialization.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the basics of technical specialty.
What’s in it for you?At Fugro, our people are our number one priority and central to our purpose to create a safe and livable world. Our values set the foundation for our unique culture: we are determined to deliver, we prepare for tomorrow, we do what’s right, and we build trust. Our talent philosophy is seeded by our values and fueled by a passion for learning, developing leadership behaviors, transparency, and accountability.Fugro offers opportunities to sharpen skills and provide career growth through on-the-job learning experiences, LinkedIn Learning access, business and technical training, and leadership development programs.We value the mental, physical, and financial health of our employees and their families and offer a variety of flexible work models. Fugro USA’s comprehensive benefits package also ensures you have choices that fit your needs at any life stage.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated**.**Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or [email protected] is the law posterEEO is the law supplement posterPay Transparency