Job DescriptionFugro Offshore Wind Service line unlocks insights from Geo-data to help you plan, design, build, operate and maintain your offshore wind farm in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner. Our successful track record, combined with local presence and global knowledge, enables us to support offshore wind farm projects anywhere in the world.The Project Geotechnical Engineer will work independently on standard projects, using judgment in making minor procedural or analytical modifications during the project to satisfy project objectives and scope of work (project supervisor reviews work for sound professional judgment and proper procedures). Performs routine field investigations. Develops laboratory-testing programs for offshore wind foundation or cable design projects. Completes standard engineering analyses and prepares engineering reports.Job Responsibilities
- Lead by example and place Quality, Health & Safety, Security, and the protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers, or the communities in which we live and work at risk.
- Work offshore on geotechnical and geophysical vessels on regional and international projects with a typical duration of 4-6 weeks per on-site assignment. 30% of offshore time is expected.
- Coordinate standard field and laboratory operations and programs; follow project through to independent completion (review by higher level professionals for professional judgment and correct execution). On more complex or unique assignments, the project supervisor will furnish instructions. Required to perform routine and special field and laboratory testing, and data preparation, as required on a project basis.
- Supervise field and laboratory operations of company and subcontractors and solve minor problems that may arise in the process. Identify technicians and entry-level engineers requiring additional training.
- Prepare instructions for field and laboratory testing programs and manage their execution.
- Review and edit data and select foundation design parameters.
- Perform analyses and check the calculations of other professionals as assigned.
- Prepare drafts of project report text and illustrations, which will require coordination of support services such as drafting and printing.
- Monitor project budget and satisfaction of project scope of work.
- Assist project supervisor in preparation of proposals, invoices, and marketing.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
- Possess the ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with a discipline in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- 30% offshore time required.
- Have 3 or more years of work experience is required.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite; appropriate skill level on computer software applications pertinent to areas of specialization.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the basics of technical specialty.
- Proficiency in routine geotechnical engineering software (examples include Slope/W or SLIDE, LPILE, APILE, Settle3) preferred.
- Must have a driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
What’s in it for you?At Fugro, our people are our number one priority and central to our purpose to create a safe and livable world. Our values set the foundation for our unique culture: we are determined to deliver, we prepare for tomorrow, we do what’s right, and we build trust. Our talent philosophy is seeded by our values and fueled by a passion for learning, developing leadership behaviors, transparency, and accountability.Fugro offers opportunities to sharpen skills and provide career growth through on-the-job learning experiences, LinkedIn Learning access, business and technical training, and leadership development programs.We value the mental, physical, and financial health of our employees and their families and offer a variety of flexible work models. Fugro USA’s comprehensive benefits package also ensures you have choices that fit your needs at any life stage.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated**.**Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or [email protected] is the law posterEEO is the law supplement posterPay Transparency