As a principal project manager, you will work across a range of tunnel projects from design and design review and all the way through to construction monitoring. With a predominant focus on large-scale tunnels projects, you’ll work closely with our clients to provide schedule and project updates, as per our commitment to them. You’ll be a technical mentor to other members of the team and guide them through complex project challenges. As with every Mott MacDonald team member, you will embody our ethos and technical professionalism, while representing and interfacing with clients.
This position can be based from our Chicago, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh office.
The biggest part of the principal project manager position will be to monitor and oversee projects; delivering a high-quality end piece, on time, within budget and according to contract.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Leading resource planning and coordination
- Developing engineering concepts, and articulation to the team
- Working as part of a multi-discipline team to deliver project input
- Project management and ownership of the engineering input into the project
- Ability to co-ordinate with different teams, both within Mott MacDonald and externally
- Liaising with the client, attending progress meetings and producing reports on progress
- Providing expert engineering input into design and evaluation of technical work product
Mott MacDonald's experience in tunneling dates back to the early 1900s. Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for North American tunneling industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for an individual to join our team to continue this and invite applications from candidates with:
- Master’s in civil engineering preferred, but BS in civil engineering or equivalent required. Degree(s) should be structural in geotechnical, or civil engineering.
- Extensive (15 years+) experience/knowledge of engineering, construction, design management required
- Must be registered professional engineer (PE)
- Leading and managing engineering teams and supporting their development
- Must have ability to travel/co-locate to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings after regular business hours
- A developed knowledge of tunnel engineering
- Design/build experience preferred
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.