If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Geotechnical Engineer in Cleveland/Akron, Ohio you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations on projects involving site characterization; landfill design and construction; earth retaining structures; deep and soft/weak foundations; dams and water containment structures; forensic investigations and litigation support; geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring; numerical analysis of stability and deformation; and geohazard / earthquake characterization / mitigation, while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Conducting geotechnical field work associated with site investigations, geotechnical instrumentation, and site civil activities (e.g., compaction, permeability testing);
- Geotechnical site characterization using laboratory and field data;
- Performing and reviewing engineering calculations such as: slope stability, settlement, capacity of shallow and deep foundations, ground improvement, excavation support and lateral earth pressures, construction dewatering and seepage; and liquefaction triggering;
- Preparing and reviewing engineering technical reports and proposals, feasibility studies, drawings and specifications, permit applications, volume and cost estimates, and construction support services;
- Site-civil design and engineering (grading, drainage, site layout, utilities);
- Developing, installing, and managing instrumentation monitoring systems;
- Fieldwork associated with design and construction services; and
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires health and safety, first aid, CPR, and other training, as well as medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our employees to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 60%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our employees to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification. (preferred)
- Ability to obtain professional certification when eligible (P.E., P.G. or equivalent)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 0 to 2 years of related experience, including geotechnical field studies and civil design of grading, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (preferred)
- Strong fundamentals in geotechnical engineering theory and practice. (required)
- Excellent writing and communication skills. (required)
- Experience with geotechnical engineering software (e.g., SLIDE, GEOSTUDIO, PLAXIS, FLAC, LPILE, gINT, etc.) and/or numerical methods using spreadsheets. (required)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related software; AutoCAD and/or GIS. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm. Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting: http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/ We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting: http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsThe Geosyntec family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The EEOC Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency policies are available here:Geosyntec is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (561) 995-0900 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.