Senior Geotechnical Project Manager
Haley & Aldrich is a 900+ personal national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Project Manager to work in a leadership role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This is a full-time position located in our Washington, DC or Richmond, VA office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a key member of the Mid-Atlantic region providing long-term strategic thinking for a highly integrated, collaborative, and mutually motivated team on challenging high-profile design and construction projects.
- Understand client needs and execute projects to achieve client goals.
- Develop work scopes and cost estimates for new opportunities.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Be effective in assigning and managing work.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Plan and direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Conduct geotechnical analyses and prepare geotechnical recommendations for design and construction projects.
- Prepare and review project deliverables including reports, plans and specifications.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables and regulatory submittals.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in civil engineering; Master's degree in geotechnical engineering strongly preferred.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia, State of Maryland, and/or Washington, DC, or able to get reciprocity within six months.
- Minimum of 12 years of geotechnical experience including site investigation, laboratory testing, geotechnical analysis, and geotechnical engineering construction support experience, including professional services consulting experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing geotechnical engineering projects from proposal through construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Must be proficient at writing, review, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software.
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER strongly preferred.
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com. Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page. #LI-NL1