Responsibilities:As a member of an interdisciplinary design team working with senior engineers to perform a variety of assignments for highway transportation projects:
- Collect and analyze engineering information and data
- Perform roadway, traffic, and safety studies
- Prepare engineering drawings and maps using CADD software
- Assist the project manager with the development of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of agencies.
- Develop spreadsheets for computations and analyses
- Write engineering reports and correspondence
- Perform field work to investigate existing site conditions
- Perform literature reviews
- Cooperate and coordinate with other design team members
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Illinois
- 5 to 10 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Knowledge of Microstation/Geopak Open Roads Designer and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with highway and traffic engineering design standards such as the Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, AASHTO Greenbook or the MUTCD.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, disability, or religion. Disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.Upload resume and cover letter referencing job no. IL-2022-3 on Arora’s website: www.arorapc.com\careers or email to [email protected]