Your role at GEI.We are seeking an experienced Waterfront Engineer with commercial diving experience to join our waterfront/coastal team in a regular full-time capacity. This position will be based out of GEI’s Bloomfield, NJ office, our NYC office, or our Huntington Station, Long Island, NY office. The selected candidate will work in a leadership role on projects within the Metro-NYC area and other geographies, with internal support to cultivate new client relationships while being provided the opportunity to manage existing key accounts. As a valued member of GEI, you will be leading the inspection, design and development of a variety of coastal, waterfront and resiliency projects including shoreline protection, seawalls, marinas, recreational piers, harbors, harbor and facility dredging, aquatic habitat restorations and waterfront parks. Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Leading ADCI dives teams, performing underwater inspections and construction monitoring.
- Leading the initiation phases of projects, including proposals and safety plan development
- Performing land-based construction monitoring and other field activities.
- Preparing technical reports, permits and designs for waterfront projects.
- Facilitating the training and development of junior staff.
- Professional Engineer in New Jersey or New York, or eligible for reciprocity in either of those state.
- 5 or more years of experience preparing technical documents and designs on waterfront projects.
- 5 or more years of experience performing inspections and construction monitoring.
- 5 or more years of experience diving professionally.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of dive safety, dive equipment and watercraft.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness and ability to work outside in the field, including during inclement conditions.
- Ability to travel for site visits, inspections, and field work, including occasional overnight travel.
- BS or MS Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or similar field.
- Current ADCI diving certifications and credentials.
- Valid driver’s license.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package Includes
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.