Engineer, Planner or Scientist - Renewable Energy
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US, 90071 Oakland, CA, US, 94612 San Francisco, CA, US, 94105 San Jose, CA, US, 95113 Irvine, CA, US, 92612Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is seeking a Civil Engineer, Planner or Scientist with a specialization in Renewable Energy to join its practice. This individual will serve a key function in feasibility assessments, design, permitting and client management efforts for a variety of renewable energy projects. As a member of our rapidly expanding Renewable Energy practice, you will be part of the driving force behind Langan’s continuing growth. Job Responsibilities
- Manage multi-disciplinary efforts on a variety of project sites, with a focus on renewable energy projects, including the development, permitting, and construction oversight of renewable energy land development work;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines;
- Support business development activities by further strengthening relationships with existing clients and identifying opportunities developing new renewable energy clients for the firm;
- Write and review draft proposals and reports, including feasibility studies, technical specifications, and utility reports; and
- Help supervise and mentor a team of technical staff working on a variety of renewable energy-related assessment, design, and permitting tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning or a related field. Master’s degree preferred;
- 5+ years of experience developing, permitting, and overseeing the construction of renewable energy and/or linear infrastructure assignments;
- 2+ years of multidisciplinary Project Management experience;
- Valid Professional Engineer, Professional Geologist, Professional Wetland Scientist, or AICP license a plus;
- Knowledge of land use processes and regulations; and,
- Ability to perform limited travel to project sites.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Self-starter with the ability to manage, motivate, mentor and lead others;
- Demonstrated ability effectively managing multi-disciplinary projects from concept through construction documents;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing and proposals;
- Effective computer skills including GIS, AutoCAD, word processing, and spreadsheet software;
- Ability to effectively interface with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities; and
- Possessing a valid driver’s license in good standing is preferred.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success. Base Salary Range: $98,000 - $124,000. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as related work experience, market conditions, education/training, certifications and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills. This position is also eligible to participate in the firm's annual bonus and performance review program. Bonuses are discretionary and based on individual job performance and the profitability of the firm.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles