If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic and innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! Geosyntec is actively growing our dams and levees practice and is seeking a Dams and Levees Practice Leader to help grow our already established market.The candidate must have an entrepreneurial attitude and enthusiasm for supporting business development and technical efforts to expand Geosyntec’s market share. Our client base includes a diverse mix of private, municipal, and governmental clients. The candidate must possess the skills and experience to develop and implement new strategies and customized solutions to complex environmental and engineering problems.Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Founded in 1983, we are employee-owned and have more than 1,800 professionals across our 80+ offices. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Superior technical, managerial, and business development leadership.
- Identify and generate project opportunities.
- Prepare technical and cost proposals.
- Provide leadership/mentoring to technical staff.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with team members, clients, regulators, and contractors.
- Plan, organize, and negotiate programs and projects while making significant positive impacts on the business or market/practice area
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about a typical practitioner position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Overnight travel will also be necessary.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, civil engineering, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering or applicable related degree. (required)
- Advanced degree. (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E., P.G.) (required)
- Georgia Safe Dams Program, Engineer of Record (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 15 years of technical leadership experience in civil-geotechnical engineering, civil and infrastructure projects; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- 10+ years of experience focusing on growing and developing a dams and levee client base. (required)
- Experience managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management. (required)
- Experience with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) certification process. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to travel. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsThe Geosyntec family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.