Looking for a place to start your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough engineering problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As an Intern – Civil / Environmental Engineer, Scientist, or Geologist in our Oakland, Walnut Creek, or Davis, CA office, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. We are seeking a part-time (approximately 10 hours/week with potential for more hours) intern for approximately 13 to 15 weeks during the spring or summer semester of 2022. Candidates are responsible for coordinating their own transportation to and from the office.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with engineering calculations using computer-based technical tools;
- Technical writing of reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Data input, analysis, visualization and review, including preparing maps, tables, and figures;
- Follow instructions and interact with engineers, geologists, office administrative staff, CADD operators (draftsmen), contractors and construction personnel; and
- Potential for fieldwork such as environmental sampling, geotechnical field investigations, construction inspections, and contractor oversight.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Currently registered in a Bachelor’s or Master’s university degree program in a relevant engineering, environmental science, or geology discipline. (required)
- Degree focus area in civil, geotechnical, environmental or water resources engineering, environmental science, or geology. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, and/or CADD. (preferred)
- Outstanding academic credentials and exceptional interpersonal, technical writing, and problem-solving skills. (required)
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license, reliable transportation, and satisfactory driving record to drive to project sites. (required)
As a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, we require employees working on federal projects or who are classified in a support role to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to a disability or for religion. If you will require an accommodation, Human Resources will discuss this with you should an offer of employment be extended to you.CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits