Looking for a place to grow your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking an Experienced Environmental Remediation Engineer in Kennesaw, Georgia, with at least five years of experience, preferably in the consulting industry, who wants to “step up” into managing and designing solutions for complex remediation projects. You will work as part of multi-disciplinary teams on various projects related to site investigation and remediation design, pilot testing, and remedial action. Other opportunities may present themselves during your career at Geosyntec related to environmental forensics, litigation support, and geo-environmental design.Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals as you move to the next stage of your career? Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Designing, managing, and drawing conclusions from remedial investigation projects. The investigation projects will involve soil, groundwater, surface water, soil gas, indoor air, and/or sediment. Projects will include both traditional techniques and high-resolution characterization techniques.
- Evaluating remedial alternatives, developing feasibility studies and remedial action plans for soil and groundwater projects.
- Project management responsibilities, including tracking project budgets, tracking project schedules, and preparing client invoice materials.
- Serving as the project engineer/project manager for in-situ remedial projects using bioremediation, chemical oxidation, chemical reduction, air sparging, soil blending, thermal destruction, etc.
- Serving as the project engineer/project manager for ex-situ remedial projects using groundwater extraction/treatment, soil vapor extraction, excavation, etc. Developing monitoring plans, performance criteria, and optimization options for remedial approaches.
- Providing client development and marketing support, including proposal generation, for remedial projects through the Southeast or nationally.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you’ll likely be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with business development, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, CPR training, and medical monitoring, all paid for by Geosyntec. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Some fieldwork and overnight travel will be necessary. Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in environmental, civil, or chemical engineering. [required]
- Advanced degree in engineering. [preferred]
- Professional Engineer license or ability to attain as soon as eligible. [preferred]
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in an environmental consulting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. [required]
- Project experience involving remedial design of complex, multi-media projects. [required]
- A level of familiarity with general mechanical systems and/or equipment to be able to diagnose malfunctions. [preferred]
- An outstanding track record for client management and technical leadership. [preferred]
- A valid U.S. driver’s license and satisfactory driving record for business travel. [required]
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.REQ NO: EXPER02457