We’re Hiring!We have openings available for entry-level Geotechnical Engineers.About Knight PiésoldKnight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with over 100 years of industry experience.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and see the world while you learn, with projects around the world to take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:Assist senior geotechnical engineers with project work involving various aspects of geotechnical engineering. Work elements may involve some or all of the following: Site investigation observation and in-situ testing, laboratory testing coordination, analysis, design, report preparation, civil 3D drafting and construction monitoring on earthwork projects in mining, water resources, renewable energy and hydropower.
- Participate in geotechnical site investigations, assignment and assessment of geotechnical laboratory tests, preparation of investigation reports and apply site data to analyses and design.
- Interpret and analyze geotechnical data to establish type, classification, and engineering characteristics of materials. Complete or assist with geotechnical engineering analyses including, but not limited to, seepage, slope stability, earthquake-induced deformation and settlement analyses.
- Participate in and oversee construction and maintenance of earthwork projects following standard procedures (i.e., construction quality assurance/quality control). Typical projects will include waste rock facilities, heaping leach facilities, tailings storage facilities and their ancillary works.
- Participate in preparation of proposals, bid documents and capital cost estimates, construction drawings and design reports.
- Assist in the preparation of civil layouts using computer-based modeling software.
An Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BS) in civil engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering. Master's degree (MSc) in Geotechnical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- 0-4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of geotechnical engineering fundamentals, drafting, geotechnical testing, and general civil engineering design and construction practices.
- Ability to read and understand construction engineering plans and drawings, including sheet references and layering. Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing in English. Spanish language skills would be desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office, GEO-Slope and GINT with familiarity with FLAC and other geotechnical software preferred. Knowledge of Auto CAD Civil 3D would be an asset.
Work Environment:Work will be in both office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory.Like and follow our LinkedIn Page.Compensation:In accordance with Colorado state law, the following Annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $65,000 – $80,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program. Knight Piésold provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.EEO PolicyApplicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] or please call us at 1-303-629-8788 between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm MST, Monday-Friday.