Do you like working on dynamic projects all over the world? Are you interested in applying your skills, talents, and education to work at a company that has a strong history and is well known in the industry? Do you want to be part of a team that will inspire you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? If you said yes to these questions, then read on to learn more about Knight Piésold and the opportunities we have open.Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with 100 years of industry experience that specializes in Mining, Environmental, Hydropower and Water Resources.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:We are seeking a technically orientated professional engineer with broad experience in the design, construction, and commissioning of large and small hydropower facilities.The candidate should be detail oriented with experience in investigations, inspections, analyses, designs and engineering of all aspects of hydropower projects from concept level through to construction.The candidate should have a proven track record with broad experience that complements their core engineering discipline i.e. civil, structural, electrical, or mechanical engineering.This role will include leading design teams, mentoring junior engineers and supporting business development efforts and initiatives.The candidate will be part of the multi-disciplined Hydro-Mechanical team that specializes in the design and implementation of pumping & piping systems, hydropower facilities, wind turbines and tailings management systems.Responsibilities:
- Lead and certify the design(s) of hydropower structures & facilities
- Lead due diligence, inspection, and audit work
- Lead discussions, meeting and presentations with clients, investors, review boards and regulatory authorities
- Prepare and review project calculations, specifications, and drawings to meet code and quality requirements
- Develop and/or approve design criteria
- Prepare and review detailed specifications, data sheets, calculations, and engineering reports
- Develop and/or supervises the preparation of drawings, P&IDs and schematics
- Address 'Requests for Information' from contractors and suppliers during construction & fabrication of equipment and assemblies
- Review quantity takeoffs and prepare cost estimates.
- Develop and/or review commissioning and test procedures
- Coordinate and/or perform commissioning of electromechanical equipment and systems
- Visit construction sites and fabrication/manufacturing plants to witness equipment testing, inspect work in progress or completed, and provide solutions to construction problems
- Project planning, estimating, and scheduling
- Participate in business development activities, represent Knight Piésold and prepare proposals
An Ideal Candidate:Required
- Collaborative team player
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of reservoirs, dams, spillways, outlet works, waterways (canal, penstock, tunnel), powerhouse & pump stations, water control equipment, Balance of Plant, substations & transmissions
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, the Federal Energy Regulation Commission
- Knowledge of ANSYS, Fathom / Impulse, CESAR, Plant, Revit, SolidWorks, Inventor or other relevant software
- Hands on construction and/or commissioning experience
- Experience performing financial or economic analyses
- Fluent or spoken Spanish or Portuguese
Work Environment: Work will be in both an office and field environment with domestic and international travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory. Compensation:In accordance with Colorado state law, the following annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $100,000 – $140,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including experience, education, and skill level.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program. Knight Piésold provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.EEO PolicyApplicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] or please call us at 1-303-629-8788 between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm MST, Monday-Friday.