What we are looking forSCS Engineers is looking for a Design Engineer to perform solid waste projects in work from either our West Palm Beach, FL or Coconut Creek, FL offices. We are looking for a team player with a desire to develop professionally. You will prepare engineering calculations, drawings, reports, and permit applications and serve as the Engineer of Record on projects for public and private clients primarily in the South Florida market. Responsibilities include engineering design, client communications, and staff coordination and development. Project responsibility will have a primary focus on solid waste management, including landfill gas, landfills and landfill infrastructure, composting, and other projects, which may require design, engineering, permitting, construction, and operations support. You will report to the Project Director/South Florida Solid Waste Group Leader.How you can make an impact
- Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in solid waste assignment areas and related fields.
- Prepare engineering calculations, drawings, reports, and permit applications.
- Work independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, plans and coordinates work, and represent SCS at meetings and conferences.
- Field work performed by high/driving in varied terrain and weather will be required, including but not limited to, surveys/data gathering, CQA liner installations, inspections, etc.
- Office based tasks including but not limited to: CAD drafting, mathematical calculations, report writing, creating site plans and facility diagrams, permit applications, etc.
- Business development including but not limited to: proposal preparation, meeting with clients, and attending industry related conferences/trade shows.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans or projects.
- Florida P.E (preferably civil) registration required or ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience such as working knowledge and demonstrated consulting experience, business specific to the solid waste industry, including landfill gas management, air compliance, and landfill design and permitting, etc. required.
- Competent with using MS Office and other computer software normally used in environmental consulting. Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D design software is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required.
Whether its reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, weve been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy.As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a comprehensive package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 100% employer- funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K including employer match.
- Annual Bonus Program
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO
Pay range for this position is depending on experience and location. This does not include bonuses or our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [email protected].#LI-SW1