If you’re looking for a place to grow your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you We are looking for an experienced Civil or Geotechnical Engineer in Boca Raton, Florida, who is interested in being a leader and contributing to innovative and challenging projects involving solid waste containment, power, mining, industrial, dams/dike/levees and land redevelopment projects.Our clients seek our highly qualified professional services to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked #47 by the Engineering News Record (ENR) in 2020 as one of nations top 500 design firms, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, focused expertise, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Civil design, landfill design, vapor mitigation design, and site layout;
- Geotechnical and environmental site characterization;
- Geotechnical engineering analyses such as slope stability, settlement, bearing capacity, seismic, and seepage;
- Preparing engineering project bid documents;
- Preparing construction material quantities and cost estimates;
- Project/task management and proposal preparation support;
- Preparation of technical reports, design calculations, drawings, work plans, health & safety plans, technical specifications, and permit applications;
- Fieldwork and subcontractor management associated with investigation, design, and construction services;
- Task and project-level responsibility for scoping, performing, managing and delivering multiple concurrent project assignments;
- Consistent with our sell-manage-do business model, play a role supporting lead generation, business development, staff development, and mentoring; and
- Interacting with client representatives, assist development of marketing materials;
- Help broaden our reputation via publishing and visibility at prominent industry conferences.
Here are some other things you should know about this position with Geosyntec:
- Individuals assigned to field locations subject to OSHA 1910.120 health and safety training must complete and maintain company sponsored 40 Hour HAZWOPER; 8 Hour HAZWOPER recertification; annual cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR); triennial First Aid training and any additional training deemed necessary for site activity.
- We offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, conference attendance, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 30%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in geotechnical or civil engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in geotechnical or civil engineering. (preferred)
- Professional registration or ability to obtain it as soon as eligible (i.e., P.E., P.G. CPESC, CPSWG). (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with modeling/design tools such as AUTOCAD, Slope/W, SLIDE, HydroCAD, ICPR, and ARCGIS. (preferred)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.