Are you someone who enjoys problem-solving, collaborating with other disciplines, and working outdoors? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy multi-tasking? If so, then Geosyntec is the place for you! We have an opportunity in Clearwater, FL for a Part-time Hydrogeology / Geology Intern for the spring/summer of 2022. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to apply your geologic, hydrogeologic, and scientific academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. Candidates are responsible for coordinating their own transportation to and from the office.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting fieldwork (up to 80%) such as soil and groundwater sampling, aquifer testing, and drilling and contractor oversight following training;
- Assisting with geologic/hydrogeologic calculations using computer-based technical tools;
- Technical writing of reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Data input and analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures; and
- Following instructions and interacting with engineers, geologists, office administrative staff, CADD operators (draftsmen), contractors and construction personnel.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Currently registered in a Bachelor’s or Master’s university degree program in an applicable field. (required)
- Degree focus areas in hydrogeology, geology, geochemistry, or environmental geology. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with ArcView, CADD, and/or Microsoft Office. (preferred)
- Outstanding academic credentials and exceptional interpersonal, technical writing, and problem-solving skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.