Principal Geotechnical Consultant/Transportation Staff Manager
At Haley & Aldrich, a 900-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm, our creative, technically strong staff work collaboratively to deliver exceptional value to clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving complex challenges and for creating change, which is a vital part of our culture, no matter what role a staff member holds.We are currently seeking an industry leader in geotechnical engineering to join our Seattle team. The ideal Principal Consultant candidate brings significant consulting experience, and client relationships to provide leadership, strategic direction, and innovative technical support to support our Transportation Market in the Pacific Northwest. We look for creative and pragmatic professionals to work on complex projects with collaborative, multidisciplinary teams.The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and capable problem solver who can effectively direct the creation of technically accurate deliverables to meet client needs. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, while advancing your career with a leading national engineering and consulting firm.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Engage in developing and executing strategic geotechnical engineering consulting work with identified existing and target clients to result in at least $750,000 in net revenue annually.
- Actively participate in two or three professional organizations focused on the local market and/or issues faced by our clients.
- Have a passion and demonstrated success for developing business with new clients and continuing to foster trusted relationships with existing clients.
- Develop annual client action plans, forecast client revenue and profits to support strategy deployment, and lead pursuits with project team members.
- Develop and implement business strategies to meet stated business metric goals for our West Coast market (CA, OR, WA, and HI) in cooperation with other offices and senior management.
- Prepare proposals and obtain mutually agreeable contracts.
- Direct and execute geotechnical engineering consulting projects, acting as the main client contact for work attained.
- Oversee the safe execution of all phases of a project to meet the client’s objectives, technical standards of practice, and company goals for revenue generation and profitability.
- Demonstrate strong technical competence in the services required by the client.
- Manage all phases and aspects of projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Direct the execution of projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Mentor staff through a “learn-by-doing” model.
- Coordinate with client representatives and external stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively in a team-based environment.
- Master’s degree in civil engineering with a focus in geotechnical engineering.
- More than 15 years of experience in strategic geotechnical engineering consulting in Washington.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a project management role.
- Previous experience as a staff manager.
- Professional engineering registration (PE Washington).
- Project experience and established relationships with owners and A/E firms in Washington.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and delivering at least $750,000 in annual net revenue for consulting work.
- Strong track record of:
- developing and maintaining client relationships;
- incorporating, promoting and implementing health and safety across all aspects of work;
- recruiting and mentoring staff in support of business growth and service delivery goals.
- Experience in designing and executing subsurface investigations, engineering analyses and preparation of contract documents for a range of project and client types.
- Ability to work successfully in a single profit center, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives, and client expectations.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Some travel for business development and collaboration across offices may be required.
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Learn more at haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran, or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan, and a solid benefits package. Interested candidates should apply on our Careers page.The salary range for this position in Seattle, WA is $150,000 - $225,000 annually. Actual compensation will be based upon a variety of factors such as education, related work experience, certificates, skills, and current market conditions. Haley & Aldrich reviews salary ranges each quarter to ensure we are competitive in the current market. This role is eligible to participate in the company’s discretionary bonus program. This role may be eligible to receive a sign-on bonus.Note to External Search Firms: Haley & Aldrich does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Please do not send resumes to Haley & Aldrich employees. Please work through a Talent Acquisition Manager. #LI-JL1