Your role at GEI.GEI’s Marquette, Michigan office is seeking a motivated, staff-level structural engineer to assist with complex and challenging projects at various locations in the Midwest area and throughout the United States, and become an integral part of our team of highly skilled professionals. This will provide an excellent opportunity for a new engineer to learn from our senior technical experts and gain experience on a variety of structural and geostructural projects.The structural and geostructural practices provide engineering services on a wide range of projects including building design, evaluation of building facades, testing and instrumentation, excavation support systems, dams and dam appurtenances, building foundations, levees, floodwalls, bridges, tunnels, and ground treatment. Staff-level engineers have the opportunity to observe and document field explorations and construction activities, perform and review analyses and design calculations, and prepare technical correspondence, including reports, letters, and design memos.Based in scenic Marquette, Michigan, you’ll experience the energy that flows from the local landscape, beautiful Lake Superior, and unlimited outdoor activities. Check out this video to learn how balance is baked into Marquette’s DNA.Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide engineering support on a variety of projects, including building superstructures and foundation design, bridges, excavation support design, dams and spillways, specialty foundation design, traditional structural engineering and forensic engineering.
- Support evaluation and design efforts for structural steel, reinforced concrete, dams, excavation support systems, foundations, and other above and below grade structures.
- Assist with feasibility studies and other technical analysis to evaluate various building structural systems, construction methods, foundation options, excavation support systems, etc.
- Use geotechnical and structural software to perform various analyses ranging from limit-state-equilibrium analyses to two- and three-dimensional finite element analyses.
- Perform non-destructive testing, instrument installation to monitor building movement and construction activities.
- M.S. in Structural Engineering from an accredited college.
- 0-3 years of Structural Engineering experience.
- Ability to obtain professional registrations.
- Coursework must include steel design, concrete design, soil mechanics, and foundation design.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be willing to work in the field as needed.
- Willingness to work in the field and in inclement weather.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Familiarity with analysis and design software (ENERCALC, STAAD, Ramsteel, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.