Your role at GEI.GEI’s Dam Safety practice is growing and we are seeking an experienced Dam Safety Engineer to join our Marquette or Houghton Michigan office. A fully remote option may be available for the right candidate. Candidate will be part of a connected team of GEI Dam Safety professionals across the country. This individual will contribute to design, analysis and inspection of dam projects. Based in scenic Marquette, Michigan, you’ll experience the energy that flows from the local landscape, beautiful Lake Superior, and unlimited outdoor activities. Check out this video to learn how balance is baked into Marquette’s DNA.Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform dam safety inspections under a senior engineer.
- Execute projects and assignments. Design tasks might include CAD work related to dam modifications and construction. Example analyses might include layout and sizing of spillways and stilling basins, performing rainfall runoff evaluations, rainfall frequency analysis, hydrologic hazard analyses, probable maximum precipitation analysis, probable maximum flood studies, inundation modeling and mapping.
- Prepare and review FERC-regulated dam safety documentation including STIDs, PFMAs, DSSMPs, PIRs, CARs, and RARs.
- Assist with semi-qualitative risk analyses and developing consequence estimates related to hypothetical dam breach scenarios.
- Prepare detailed memoranda and reports and present technical information to peers and clients.
- Represent client interests on project teams with other consultants and agency personnel.
- Maintain technical excellence, actively participate in professional organizations, and mentor junior staff.
- Contribute to proposals and business development efforts.
- Five or more years of experience, demonstrating skills mentioned above.
- Experience with dam safety and the FERC regulatory process including STIDs, PFMAs, CSIRs, and SQRAs.
- Knowledge and experience with hydroelectric dams reservoir operations.
- Civil and dam engineering design experience, including development of design drawings, specifications, cost estimates, and bidding assistance.
- Excellent communication skills; clear and effective technical writing and presentation development; ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff, project teams, and clients; ability to successfully manage projects and lead technical work.
- Valid driver’s license.
- B.S./M.S. in Civil Engineering or Water Resources related field.
- Registered Professional Engineer or ability to obtain.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.