DLZ Corporation is a nationally recognized, award-winning, multidisciplinary firm that provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing.
Our commitment to excellence, innovation, and community is why we remain one of the top design firms in the Midwest. This is achieved by focusing on meeting and exceeding our clients' expectations while providing an environment that allows our employees to be challenged and take their careers to the next level. DLZ Corporation is looking for motivated hard-working Entry Level Civil Engineers to join our team in Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, South Bend, and Munster, IN! We are excited to welcome Engineers to multiple disciplines including; Transportation, Water Resources, Surveying, and Construction Services. Diversity candidates encouraged to apply. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering, construction, and design assignments, requiring a solid grasp of at least one engineering discipline and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Typically given projects of minor complexity; may have leadership responsibility for less experienced staff.
- Perform work under close supervision, and provide support to more experienced personnel.
- Perform field testing of soils, concrete, observation testing of water, sewer mains, and manholes.
- Provide clear and concise documentation of all construction project activities and quantities.
- Perform analyses and design required for minor structures, systems and equipment items.
- Prepare sketches and diagrams for use by technicians. Review and check detailed drawings and layouts.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, economic and technical feasibility studies, and studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems, equipment, materials or engineering methods.
- Assist in the preparation of contract / proposals specifications and construction cost estimates.
- Review Contractor's shop drawing submittal.
- Perform construction monitoring and coordinate field activities.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 1 or more relevant internship in Transportation, Water Resources, Structural, Construction Services, Surveying, Civil Engineering experience preferred.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification, or the ability to obtain within one (1) year
- AutoCAD and MicroStation experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement! DLZ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We recognize the importance in employing a diverse workforce and achieve this by making employment decisions based on business needs, merit, and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. True innovation and success can only be achieved by respecting, empowering, and leveraging the unique perspectives, skills, and experiences of each person as an individual.