GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking an Entry-Level Structural/Waterfront Engineer in our Trumbull, CT office.
The ideal candidate is an Engineer with solid educational background, versatility, self-motivate and have interest in structural and geotechnical aspects of shoreline and nearshore waterfront structures. The successful candidate will look to achieve technical excellence, possess strong client relationships, and embrace external networking and marketing activities.
You will work with dedicated engineers, managers and principals across GZA on a variety of waterfront projects including the development of port terminals, modifications to marinas, construction of piers and bulkheads and protecting nature’s shorelines. You will work with a team from the early onset of the project in the developmental stage, through field investigation, data reporting, design, and monitoring the project through construction.
- Perform field tasks, site reconnaissance, soil sampling, inspections, and construction observation
- Evaluating field data and performing engineering analyses/calculations
- Writing drafts of field and engineering reports, technical specifications, and other technical documents
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
Typical Duties May Include:
- Conducting technical analyses/calculations on steel, timber and concrete structures
- Performing structural and geotechnical computer modeling. Ability to use structural and geotechnical engineering programs including RISA 3D, SupportIT, L-pile and Plaxis is a plus
- Conducting subsurface investigation of soil
- Performing engineering computation and analysis of subsurface data
- Writing drafts of field and engineering report sections, technical specifications, and related bid documents
- Preparing Federal, State and local coastal permit applications
- Developing construction plans (drafting)
- Preparing construction cost/quantity estimates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, (Structural) Engineering (Master’s Degree a plus)
- 1+ years of relevant work experience is preferred
- Ability to work outside through all 4 seasons
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities and judgment capabilities
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and in a team setting
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving skills, and organizational skills
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D is a plus
- EIT license preferred or in the process of obtaining EIT license
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- A valid driver’s license in good standing
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and/or 10 hour OSHA construction training is a plus
- 100% Employee Owned
- Devoted to Professional development and enrichment
- Exciting work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Competitive salary
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k retirement plan
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, geo-civil engineering, construction management and environmental remediation firm. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, waterfront, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.