We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Entry-Level Structural Designer in our growing Fairfax, Virginia Office.H&H is a full-service infrastructure engineering firm with more than 130 years of experience steeped in solving complex engineering challenges. Consulting firms, contractors and infrastructure owners count on us when innovative design and intricate engineering solutions are required. Our specialty lies in the ability to manage the entire life cycle of engineering services and support. We employ teams of superior engineers that bring a forward-thinking approach using the world’s latest project management, design, and support innovations. As a result, your projects are brought in on time, on budget, and are engineered to the highest standards in design, durability, safety, and aesthetic value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to perform structural design calculations (beam design, reinforced concrete and steel structures design and analysis), sketches, computer modeling, and similar technical work as required
- Ability to read and develop contract plans, special provisions, and engineer’s estimates
- Assist with field inspections and condition assessments of transportation structures and facilities
- Research design options and codes and discuss with the project manager
- BS or MS in Civil or Structural Engineering with zero to two years of relevant experience
- EIT certification or the ability to obtain an EIT certification within 1 year
- Experience with analytical software such as SAP, CSI Bridge, LARSA 4D, etc.
- Experience with CAD software such as Microstation or AutoCAD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A highly motivated and responsible individual with a strong work ethic
BenefitsWe offer a professional work environment, a competitive salary, a benefits package, and 401(k).EOE M/F/DISABILITY/VETS