Job available in these locations:
Washington, DC, United StatesRichmond, VA, United StatesAssistant Geotechnical Project Manager
Haley & Aldrich is a 900+ personnel national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking an Assistant Geotechnical Project Manager to work with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This position entails travel to job sites and working outside of the office setting most of the time conducting site and subsurface characterization for environmental and geotechnical projects and/or monitoring contractor's geotechnical and environmental-related activities during construction. This full-time position will be based out of our McLean, VA or Midlothian, VA offices.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with multi- disciplinary project teams.
- Work with and support Project Managers on all aspects of the project to address client goals and objectives.
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of project tasks.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Assist in project execution to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Plan and direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro- piles, and spread footings.
- Evaluate seismic hazards including liquefaction.
- Comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter.
- Comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering highly preferred.
- 5-10 years of professional services consulting experience that includes execution of subsurface investigation programs, evaluation of geotechnical and environmental data, conducting geotechnical analyses, and presentation of technical solutions in a variety of written and oral formats.
- Professional registration (EIT, PE) strongly preferred.
- Experience in directing geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Experience with preparing recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings, evaluating seismic hazards including liquefaction.
- Experience with roadway embankments, bridge foundations, mid-and high- rise buildings; deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, and ground improvements techniques.
- Basic skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software.
- Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to see projects through to completion are a must.
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.#LI-NL1