Job available in these locations:
Honolulu, HI, United StatesSeattle, WA, United StatesTacoma, WA, United StatesPortland, OR, United StatesSenior Geotechnical Project Engineer
Haley & Aldrich is a 900+ personal national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.We are seeking experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineers/Project Managers based in our Honolulu, HI, Portland, OR, and Seattle/Tacoma, WA office locations. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a key member of the "core" geotechnical team to provide long-term strategic thinking for a highly integrated, collaborative, and motivated client/consultant team on challenging and diverse projects in the West Coast and Hawaii. The work is a mix of transportation, government, ports, and private development projects. Seismic knowledge helpful but do not need to be an expert.
- Work collaboratively with a passionate team supporting a wide variety of clients with numerous challenging projects.
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Demonstrate strong verbal communications and written skills.
- Be effective in assigning and managing work.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to more junior level staff.
- Possess skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- Direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Be able to effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mats, micro-piles, and spread footings
- Have advanced knowledge of the Hawaiian seismic and geologic landscape and proven skills of developing hazard mitigation measures required.
- Have experience specific to mid-and high-rise buildings; shored excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, and ground improvements techniques.
- Develop a working understanding of H&A’s other consulting practice areas and actively support marketing other, additional services to existing clients.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with specific coursework in geotechnical engineering and Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering strongly preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant site investigation, geotechnical analysis, and geotechnical engineering construction support experience, including professional services consulting experience
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of cradle to grave Project Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, review, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
- Ability to comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with Washington Equal Pay Transparency laws, the base salary range for this role in WA is $130,000 - 150,000.