If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As an entry-level Geotechnical Engineer in Charlotte, NC you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations on projects involving site characterization; landfill design and construction; earth retaining structures; deep and soft/weak foundations; dams and water containment structures; forensic investigations and litigation support; geotechnical investigation, instrumentation, and monitoring; numerical analysis of stability and deformation; and geohazard / earthquake characterization / mitigation, while learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Geosyntec is ranked by ENR as #53 among the Top 500 Design Firms, and with multiple Top 20 ENR rankings in specialty areas. Geosyntec is also internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key duties and responsibilities for the position include:
- Geotechnical field investigation work plan development, planning, and oversight;
- Engineering calculation, report, and permit application support;
- Civil site design and construction support;
- Seismic hazard and liquefaction assessment;
- Landfill design and permitting support;
- Dam and levee evaluations;
- Design, bid, and construction document preparation;
- Writing and reviewing engineering calculations and reports; and
- Proposal support and business development activities.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 25%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- On path to obtain Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensure in North Carolina within 4 years.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior internship or work experience in engineering consulting. (preferred)
- Knowledge with geotechnical and engineering software such as AutoCAD, HydroCAD, ArcMap, SLIDE, FLAC, PLAXIS. (preferred)
- Basic understanding of geosynthetic material types, installation, design, and other applications. (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines for multiple projects concurrently. (required)
- Ability to travel to client facilities. (required)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsThe Geosyntec family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.