If you’re looking for a place to grow your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic and innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our geotechnical and geoenvironmental practice in Kennesaw, GA. Apply your engineering skills to projects involving landfills, mines, brownfields redevelopment, and other water and waste containment systems while further developing the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Civil design, foundation design, geostructural design and site layout;
- Geotechnical engineering analyses such as slope stability, settlement, bearing capacity, seismic, and seepage;
- Geotechnical and environmental site characterization;
- Waste containment design and permitting, Dam and levee evaluations;
- Development and management of instrumentation monitoring systems;
- Development and use of advanced technical methods, computer programs and practice tools;
- Preparation of engineering reports, design calculations, drawings, technical specifications, and permit applications;
- Fieldwork associated with design and construction services; and
- Small project/task management and proposal preparation support.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you may be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, and staff mentoring tasks.Here are some other things you should know about a typical practitioner position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 40%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years (5 preferred) of progressive experience’ or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). (required)
- Experience with modeling/design tools such as AutoCAD/Civil3D, GeoStudio, SLIDE, Settle3D, PLAXIS, FLAC. (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong interest in instrumentation system design and deployment, civil and waste containment design. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsThe Geosyntec family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The EEOC Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency policies are available here:Geosyntec is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (561) 995-0900 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.