If you’re looking for a place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Geotechnical Engineer in Kennesaw, GA, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an exceptional team and apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations on a variety of projects involving site characterization; waste facility design and construction; earth retaining structures; deep and soft/weak foundations; dams and water containment structures; forensic investigations and litigation support; geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring; numerical analysis of stability and deformation; and geohazard / earthquake characterization / mitigation, while learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. Our Kennesaw office consists of approximately 120 dedicated professionals and support staff and is located approximately 30 minutes from Atlanta. Atlanta is the business and transportation hub of the southeast and offers a unique combination of Southern and international cultures. The Kennesaw office includes staff working on a wide variety of projects and you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the various practice areas and projects that make Geosyntec such a unique place to work. If you possess the qualifications, attributes, and desire to experience a new culture, Geosyntec will provide the opportunity.Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR as #53 among the Top 500 Design Firms, and with multiple Top 20 ENR rankings in specialty areas, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESSome of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Planning and conducting geotechnical field investigations;
- Monitoring heavy civil construction projects;
- Performing and reviewing engineering calculations, such as slope stability, settlement, bearing capacity, seismic, seepage, and stormwater modelling;
- Geotechnical and environmental site characterization;
- Earthquake engineering;
- Dam and levee evaluations;
- Developing construction documents; and
- Writing and reviewing engineering reports.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Varies, dependent on project opportunities. Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Rare, but as needed for some project sites. Up to 10%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil and/or environmental engineering or geology. (required)
- Advanced degree in geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
- Experience with geotechnical and engineering software such as AutoCAD, Slope/W, and PLAXIS. (preferred)
- Prior internship or work experience in engineering consulting. (preferred)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.