At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment. Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about.We are currently seeking an Engineering Geologist Geohazards Practice Leader who will bring a book of business and join our growing Northwest team. The ideal candidate will sit in Washington, Oregon or Hawaii and brings significant consulting experience and client relationships to provide leadership, strategic direction, and innovative technical support to increase our client base in the Northwest and Hawaii area and direct the engineering geology Geohazards aspects of projects across multiple market sectors focused on building and infrastructure development. We look for creative professionals to work on complex projects with collaborative, multidisciplinary project teams.The successful candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver capable of working with minimal direction to solve problems and direct the creation of technically accurate deliverables to meet client needs. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, while advancing your career with a leading national engineering and consulting firm.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESBusiness Development:
- Personally engage in developing and executing strategic geotechnical engineering consulting work with identified existing and target clients totaling at least $750,000 in net revenue annually.
- Actively participate in at least two professional organizations focused on the market area and/or issues faced by our clients.
- Have a passion and demonstrated success for developing business with new clients and continuing to foster trusted relationships with existing clients.
- Develop annual client action plans, estimate client revenue and profits to support strategy deployment, and lead pursuits with project team members.
- Develop and implement business strategies to meet stated business metric goals for our Northwest Coast and Hawaii market (WA, OR, and HI) in cooperation with other offices and senior management.
- Prepare proposals and obtain mutually agreeable contracts.
- Direct and execute geohazards consulting projects, acting as the main client contact for any work attained.
- Oversee the safe execution of all phases of a project to meet the client’s objectives, as well as company goals for revenue generation and profitability.
- Demonstrate strong technical competence in the services required by the client.
- Manage all phases and aspects of projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Direct the execution of projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Mentor staff through a “learn-by-doing” model.
- Coordinate with client representatives and external stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively in a team-based environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering geology or geological engineering with a focus in rock mechanics
- More than 15 years of experience in strategic engineering geology consulting in Northwest and Hawaii area.
- A minimum of 3 years in a project management role.
- Professional registration (CEG or LEG).
- Project experience and established relationships with owners and A/E firms in the greater Northwest and Hawaii.
- Demonstrated track record of selling at least $500,000 in annual net revenue for consulting work.
- Strong track record of:
- - developing and maintaining client relationships; and
- recruiting and mentoring staff in support of business growth and service delivery goals.
- Experience in landslides, levees, rock slope stability, geomorphology, and stream restoration
- Ability to work successfully in a single profit center, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives, and client expectations.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Some travel for business development and collaboration across offices may be required.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 800 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.#LI-JL1