Duffield Associates is seeking a Soil/Wetland Scientist to join our team in the Wilmington, DE office.Duffield Associates, Inc. is an award-winning engineering and science consulting firm specializing in civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering, construction consulting and testing services. Established in 1976, Duffield has grown to include a professional and technical staff of over 100 individuals. The firm’s headquarters is located in a historic barn and farmhouse in Pike Creek Valley outside of Wilmington, Delaware. We have regional offices in Georgetown and Dover, Delaware, Center City Philadelphia and Carlisle, Pennsylvania, West Deptford, New Jersey, and Bel Air, Maryland.Duffield Associates is proud to offer a wide variety of benefits to our eligible employees. Each eligible employee receives a Benefit Contribution (enough to, potentially, cover 100% of a single employee's medical coverage) to spend as he/she pleases on plans such as:
- 5 choices of medical plans
- Several choices of dental and vision insurance
- Ancillary benefits such as: Life Insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, Teledoc, Pet insurance, Legal assistance.
- Company provided Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k with company match of 50% of employee contribution up to 6%.
- 8 paid holidays
- Minimum of 80 hours of vacation plus 40 hours of sick time.
- Recreation room with beverages on tap, espresso/cappuccino machine, pool table, and video games.
- On-site gym.
- Outreach activities such as blood drives, adopt-a-highway, American Heart Associations Awareness activities, etc.
POSITION DESCRIPTION:Duties and responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, assisting or performing in the following:
- Soil testing for stormwater management facilities and on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems
- wetlands delineations & permitting
- wetlands mitigation
- forest stand delineations
- logging test pits, soil borings, infiltration testing
- preparation of soils maps and identifying woody and herbaceous plant species
- report preparation, permit applications and wetlands creation plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in soils, ecology, or forestry from an accredited institution.
- 2-5 years of experience with infiltration testing, wetland delineation.
- Poficiency with the USDA Soil Classifications System and familiarity with the Unified Soil Classification System.
- Familiarity with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers wetland delineation manual and regional supplements.
- Familiarity with State (DE, MD, NJ, and PA) wetland permitting.
- Familiarity with plant identification techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate should be a critical thinker, be willing to learn through trial and error, be self-motivated and willing to put the full effort towards the task at hand.
- Candidate should have a strong desire to grow and advance as a Soil/Wetland Scientist
- GIS or other applications.
Qualified candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter with your salary requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.