Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water. Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Every day we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the worlds most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as dams/reservoirs, water conveyance systems, pump storage, highways and bridges and transit systems and tunnels services. We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world. As part of our growing business, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence. What will you be doing? From the moment you join us, you will be immersed in a team of exceptional consultants, project managers, and specialists ready to support you in your career. Alongside the team, you will be assigned to a variety of projects in your chosen area of interest, working to deliver sustainable outcomes for our clients and the communities they serve. With guidance from a professional engineer, your responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Gaining exposure to project, commercial, and client management
- Attending site inspections, investigations, and monitoring
- Actively participating in project, client and team meetings
- Developing conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs
- Reviewing, preparing, and modifying designs
- Analyzing reports, specifications, and studies
- Undertaking a ‘digital by default’ approach in deliverables
- Actively participating in our ‘Early Careers Professional’ Network
- Supporting our ‘Purpose’ in everything you do
Candidate SpecificationWe are looking for candidates with a genuine passion to create sustainable, social outcomes for communities and a desire to strive for excellence. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald. To be considered for this 2024 position, you’ll need:
- To be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in geotechnical or water resourcing engineering, from an accredited university
- Demonstrable interest in environmental engineering projects through relevant experience, such as your field of study, internships, volunteering, or relevant association memberships
- Methodical approach to problem solving to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Wonderful written communication and attention to detail, with an ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
- Superb understanding of relevant technologies, such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, etc.
Salary Range: $17-33 hourlyEquality, diversity and inclusionWe put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute. Equal employment opportunity is the law.
Chinese versionAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status. Hybrid working policyAt Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust.