About UsKnight Piésold is a specialised international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower, Water Resources, and Roads & Construction Services. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale.The RoleThe Principal Engineer is responsible for:
- The review, design, construction and remediation of tailings structures at all stages of the project, including pre-feasibility, feasibility, detailed design and construction stages.
- Undertaking desk based studies utilising data and information from a variety of sources.
- Undertaking due diligence reviews.
- Undertaking scoping and pre-feasibility studies.
- Design and supervision of waste facilities.
- Project management and co-ordination.
- Report and proposal writing.
- Mentoring a team of engineers as required.
Please note this role is based in our Brisbane Office therefore relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate.Our Ideal CandidateOur ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Engineering with either Geotechnical or Civil specialisations, have worked within the mining industry, and will possess:
- Previous experience in the design, build and maintenance of Tailings Storage Facilities with specific experience in serving as Engineer of record on large projects.
- Competent report and proposal writing skills requiring strong written skills.
- Have strong stakeholder engagement skills and able to work well with clients.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and clients at one time, delivering design services on time and budget, and to the client's satisfaction.
- Strong technical ability in tailings management, geotechnics, heap leaching and water management.
- Ability to review reports and analyses, and carry out audits.
- Ability to manage people, technical teams and mentor engineering staff.
- Demonstrated leadership and business development experience.
What we offerKnight Piésold offer excellent remuneration packages and a competitive range of benefits including:
- Unique opportunities to travel that take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
- Generous performance bonus incentive programs.
- Subsidised gym memberships / fitness classes.
- Training and development opportunities to develop and strengthen your skills.
- Referral bonuses; and
- Early access to long service leave.
If you believe you have most of the skills and experience outlined above, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] .Due to the high volume of applications we receive, please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.