Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Project Engineer/Manager to join its collaborative team in Tampa, FL. This individual will serve a key function in providing geotechnical engineering expertise through geotechnical analysis and design, and efforts that support management of projects, supervision of staff engineers, and interfacing with clients. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally on both small-scale and large-scale geotechnical projects.
- Perform complex analyses, structural design of pile elements and underpinning systems, and special engineering inspections;
- Prepare technical documents and manages the preparation of the proposals, reports, construction documents, and construction-related correspondence associated with the projects managed;
- Supervise field investigations, and conventional earthwork and foundation construction activities;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Plans, schedules and develops task and project budgets. Prepare progress reports, draft change orders, draft invoices, and project billings; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering; Master’s degree with Geotechnical emphasis;
- Professional Engineer licensure;
- 6+ years of related Geotechnical experience;
- 3+ years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction observation experience including: mass grading, deep foundations, subgrade for footings, ground improvement, and excavation support including tieback installation and testing;
- Proven experience in preparing technical reports, specifications, construction plans, and geotechnical recommendations; writing proposals; running/coordinating projects; managing clients; managing billings; and reviewing the work of staff and mentoring staff;
- Strong understanding of codes and other regulatory requirements;
- Knowledge of quantitative/technical analyses and related software;
- Possess an entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, as well as strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills;
- Desire and ability to seek out new business opportunities and develop additional clients while maintaining project workload;
- Ability to coach and assist with the management of staff;
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- A collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and social skills; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa