GZA’s Brookfield, Wisconsin office has an opening for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to successfully execute all aspects of projects under the guidance and supervision of a company Principal. Our geotechnical projects involve buildings, bridges, highways, railroads, tunnels and marine and waterfront developments, water resources and dams, geo-structural analysis, soil and rock slope investigation and stabilization, automated instrumentation programs, resource evaluations, shallow and deep foundation design, earth retention design and ground improvement programs. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of and documented experience in one or more of these practice areas.
The position requires the individual to represent the Company with the client throughout proposal, contract and project performance phases, will be responsible for day to day execution of technical and financial aspects of each project, will be involved with marketing activities and networking events, and will be involved with the development and mentoring of staff. The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, quality focused, safety-minded, and must be able to multi-task. Senior Geotechnical Engineers have ownership opportunities with the firm and the potential for advancement to principal levels based on performance.
- Internal and client writing/verbal communications
- Managing project team, delegating to office and field staff and executing day to day activities of projects
- Monitoring team performance for compliance with contractual agreements and budgets
- Providing business development support and assistance with market strategies and formal presentations to clients on various projects
- Preparing proposals and reviewing/writing geotechnical reports with Principal guidance and review
- Staff training and staff review
- Managing project contractual and financial issues (including terms of agreement, changes in scope, billing process, risk management and loss prevention practices)
Typical Duties May Include:
- Manage and mentor GZA existing staff of entry through project-level engineers
- Monitoring and documenting geotechnical aspects of projects
- Conducting/reviewing technical analyses/calculations
- Participating in meetings and agency consultation
- Preparing construction cost/quantity estimates
- Performing and overseeing geotechnical computer modeling. Experience with geotechnical engineering programs including SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, SIGMA/W, L-Pile, A-Pile, GRLWEAP, P-Y Wall, and/or Plaxis is preferred.
- Additional job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering required
- 15+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience since college graduation providing value to clients through innovated site development ideas
- Experienced computer skills using MS Office and engineering software such as slope stability and shallow and deep foundations
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience with financial project management
- Demonstrated delegation, leadership, and team building skills
- Experience in execution and management of multiple office and field tasks
- P.E. required
- Out of town assignments are expected. Candidate must have consistent means of transportation to/from project sites and client meetings.
- Professional development and enrichment with continuing education - both internal and external
- Exciting work environment
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plan
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with a history of more than 55 years of providing innovative engineering solutions to improve the natural and built environment. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.