DescriptionYour role at GEI.GEI is seeking respected professionals who aspire to have a positive impact on GEI’s growing design team and are interested in working collaboratively with a talented team of design, management, and technical leaders. GEI will provide a unique opportunity to collaborate across multiple practices to successfully deliver geotechnical, environmental, and hydrogeological design/engineering solutions for our clients in the Hamilton/Niagara/London Market. The Canadian operation of GEI has experienced significant growth in Ontario and is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our existing technical team to initially work remotely on projects across Ontario, while starting to slowly grow GEI’s presence and geotechnical service offerings in the Hamilton/Niagara/London market.Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Supervise, manage and mentor junior staff;
- Assist in recruiting and training additional staff;
- Act as project manager and design lead, responsible for developing plans, sections, details and calculations;
- Actively support business development with frequent client contact and outreach to new and existing clients;
- Assist with feasibility studies and other technical analysis to evaluate various construction methods, foundation options, excavation support systems, etc;
- Manage the technical aspects for geotechnical engineering tasks including design and remediation of dams and levees; geotechnical instrumentation; geotechnical investigations and design for major water infrastructure, bridge, and waterfront projects;
- Prepare technical scopes of work for proposals and projects, project budgets, requests for proposals for contractors, and technical reports;
- Lead proposal teams and presentations;
- Lead and participate on multi-disciplinary, multi-geographic project teams;
- Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through participation in client-based professional organizations and attendance and presentations at industry events;
- Perform related administrative tasks including documentation of project activities, office administration, expense reports, purchase orders, invoicing support, etc;
- This position has a field component; some overnight travel is required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geotechnical/Civil Engineering or related field.
- 15 to 20+ years of geotechnical engineering experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Experience with leading geotechnical engineering teams.
- Experience in managing and working on a variety of sizes and types of multi-disciplinary projects for various client types.
- Understanding of industry standard practices and processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent computer skills with technical analysis software, MS Office, MS Project, and other computer applications.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.With more than 54 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.In 2023, GEI merged with GM BluePlan, an Ontario-based engineering, management, and technology consulting company. The merger adds GM BluePlan’s nationally recognized expertise in asset management and infrastructure planning to the GEI family, furthering our growth and expansion in Canada. Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program including Health Care and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- RRSP Program
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.