Engineer your positive impact
Lead Engineer Buildings - Structural Engineering (Hasselt)TRACTEBEL IS A GLOBAL COMMUNITY OF 5000 IMAGINATIVE EXPERTS ENGINEERING A CARBON-NEUTRAL FUTURE. THROUGH OUR GAME-CHANGING SOLUTIONS FOR COMPLEX ENERGY, URBAN, NUCLEAR AND WATER PROJECTS, WE HELP OUR CLIENTS CREATE A POSITIVE IMPACT TOWARDS A SUSTAINABLE WORLD, WHERE PEOPLE, PLANET AND PROFIT COLLECTIVELY THRIVE. The work environment You are part of the Structural Engineering team, within Tractebel's Urban Business Line. The department provides civil engineering advice on the entire life cycle of projects, from feasibility studies, conceptual & detailed design, to the implementation phase and follow-up of the construction works. The projects are diverse and include all types of structures: buildings, transport infrastructure, industrial installations, nuclear objects, renewable energy, water infrastructure, ... The team consists of around 70 engineers, architects, consultants, designers and support staff, present in Belgium at 4 different sites (Ghent, Hasselt, Brussels and Namur) and also in Romania.Mission
- You lead, motivate, coach and manage a small project team of monodisciplinary structural engineers and draftsmen for your projects with a strong focus on building projects.
- You are responsible for the implementation of the budget, the timing and the quality of the works. You ensure that the projects assigned to you are carried out according to our quality system and our H&S rules.
- You report the progress of all your projects weekly to the head of the Structural Engineering Brussels department
- You participate in the structural design of your projects
- You strengthen an integrated design process by looking transversally at the various disciplines involved
- You respond to the customer's wishes and needs
- You prepare and submit quotations and contracts
- You strive for sustainable and efficient solutions
- You keep track of the standards, guidelines and developments in your field and report these to your team members or colleagues
- You work constructively with colleagues, external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering firms, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) and clients
- You have an international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to guarantee the required quality
- As a project manager you actively promote and establish BIM collaboration procedures according to our company vision, where applicable
- You have at least a master's degree in Engineering-Architect or Civil/Structural Engineering
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience with construction projects in the design of different types of concrete construction projects
- You were involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tendering, implementation, management, ...
- Expertise in modeling with SCIA Engineer or equivalent packages
- A thorough knowledge of Dutch is essential and you have a good knowledge of English
- You have good communication skills
- You are customer-oriented and flexible
- You are a team player
- You are willing to make international trips for our international projects in mutual consultation
- An attractive salary package with fringe benefits such as a company car with fuel card, meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, annual bonus, internet allowance and much more.
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good balance between work and private life.
- A stable working environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and ENGIE University).